TAGS: Positions Vacant
Join the GLOBE Committee as an Events Coordinator
If you are an energetic, engaging and people focused individual, we have an opportunity for you to join our diverse, dynamic, and passionate team.
We are looking for friendly and well organised people with experience in planning and running events to join our Events team.
GLOBE has a desire to better reflect the community we serve. We encourage LBTQ women, non-binary and gender non-conforming people to apply for this position.
About the role
Assisting the GLOBE Events Director and forming part of a diverse, dynamic, and passionate team, this role is critical to the ongoing engagement of GLOBE’s members.
GLOBE Networking events were established in 1997 and provide an opportunity to professional individuals and small business owners to network and connect with likeminded individuals.
As the GLOBE Events Coordinator, you will assist with the planning and execution of GLOBE Networking Events.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with external vendors
- Work with venues to arrange cost effective menu’s
- Engage the GLOBE Committee to develop a roster to staff each event appropriately
- Plan and organise the set-up of all events
- Ensure successful bump-in of events
- Provide a detailed briefing to all relevant volunteers before service and allocate resources effectively throughout the event
- Look for opportunities to enhance attendance at events
- At events coordination – including setup, staff management and engaging attendees
What you’ll need to succeed
- Be available to attend 9 of 12 monthly GLOBE Networking events
- Confidence in your communication skills and the ability to interact and build relationships with external vendors
- A strong commitment to delivering a five-star experience
- Previous experience in events management preferred
- To be a highly organised person who has a focus on detail and the ability to multitask
- A team player attitude but the capability to work independently
- The ability to be adaptable when faced with pressurised situations
- Motivation to succeed. We are looking for self-starters who are dedicated, able to prioritise and operate with a sense of urgency and ownership to see things through to completion.