Join GLOBE as our next Membership Growth Director

TAGS: Positions Vacant March 2019
Join GLOBE as our next Membership Growth Director

If you are an energetic, committed and people focused individual, we have an opportunity for you to join our diverse, dynamic, and passionate volunteer organisation.

We are looking for a driven and pragmatic person who can build a strong rapport with the wider LGBTI community.  You will be operating in a fast-paced environment with highly challenging and rewarding opportunities.

Frontline sales experience is highly desirable.


GLOBE has a desire to better reflect the community we serve. We encourage LBTQ women, non-binary and gender non-conforming people to apply for this position.


About the role

Reporting to GLOBE Vice President, the GLOBE Membership Growth Director is a key part of the GLOBE Committee of Management.

As a membership-based organisation, GLOBE has strong aspirations to build upon its membership value proposition to be the leading LGBTI professional networking organisation in Australia.

The GLOBE Membership Growth Director position will have a 70% focus on the generation of new membership, while the remaining 30% will be focused on membership engagement, retention and improvement.



  • Utilising available market research and cooperating with the broader Committee, develop and implement annual strategies to increase GLOBE’s Individual Membership portfolio through new members and improved retention
  • Be a voice for Individual Members at Committee meetings, offering insights and strategies to cultivate new membership and engage existing members
  • Ensure that GLOBE delivers what it promises to Individual Members
  • Manage the on-boarding experience for new and renewed members
  • Perform an annual review of the Individual Membership value proposition and present recommended improvements at committee meetings


What you’ll need to succeed?

  • Motivation to succeed
  • Experience contributing to strategic plans is essential desirable
  • Exceptional customer focus including the ability to have conversations with a wide variety of stakeholders
  • A passion and commitment to providing back to the LGBTI community
  • Organised and with good time management skills
  • Attention to detail


For more information or to apply for this position, e-mail GLOBE Vice President, Andrew Fellowes (

Applications for this position close on Sunday 30th March 2019.

  • I’d like to receive more news like this